Meet the Project Partners
North-Missoula Community Development Corporation is a neighborhood based 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is providing staff and fundraising support.
Missoula County Public Schools owns the park land and has committed $100,000 to the project.
The City of Missoula holds a long term lease for the park, provides ongoing maintenance, and has pledged $350,000 in support of the project. Of that $100,000 in Impact Fees is allocated toward the Playgrounds, and the remaining $250,000 of Capital Improvement Project funds will support overall park improvements.
The construction of the playgrounds and park improvements is broken into two phases of construction. The first phase beginning in the summer of 2020 and the second in 2021. For detailed costs and components of the playground please see the Naming Rights for the Westside Park and Playground.
|Phase I – 2020||Pre-school Playground, Portalet Enclosure and Hand washing Station, |
Picnic Shade Shelter,
|Phase II – 2021||School Aged Playground, |
Multi-Use Sports Court,
Active Recreation Lawn,
Trees and Furnishings,
|TOTAL PROJECT BUDGET||$2.165 million|
Tiers of Giving
Donations equivalent to $1,000 and above will receive permanent recognition at the park, web and print recognition, and special thanks at the grand opening ceremony. Here is a current list of supporters:
- “Play Captains” – $10,000 and up
- Sunderland Foundation – $200,000
- Providence St Patrick Hospital – $50,000
- First Security Bank – $30,000
- Drollinger Family Charitable Foundation – $20,000
- Blackfoot Communications (In-Kind) – $16,624
- Stockman Bank – $10,000
- MDU Resources – $10,000
- “Park Builder” – $1,000 to $9,999
- Beach Transportation – $5,000
- Brian and Karen Sippy – $5,000
- Max and Betty Swanson Foundation – $5,000
- High Stakes Foundation – $5,000
- Ruth Pruitt Phillips Foundation – $4,000
- CHS – $3,000
- The Appleseed Foundation – $2,500
- The Shatto Family – $2,500
- Advanced Technology Group – $2,200
- Holistic Contentment – $1,700
- Rotary Club of Missoula – $1,500
- The Farmeisters – $1,000
- First Interstate Bank – $1,000
- Gayle Gellerstedt – $1,000
- “Park and Play Supporter” – $500 – $999
- Wendy Coffman
- The Hickey 6
- Steve and Kristy Luedecke
- Juanita Vero
- “Missoula Grands” in Honor of Elaine Wittman
- “Friends of Westside Park” – < $500
Abby Wiggin, Adam and Heidi West, Alyson Booher – in honor of Baby Whicher, Amy Shattuck, Andi Hoelzel and Ian Smith, Andrew Larson, Anna Semple, Annie Watson, Barb and Greg Munro – in honor of Baby Whicher, Ben Weiss – in honor of Neal Weiss and Marge Waite, Brett Hollis, Bryan Von Lossberg and Genevieve Marsh, Cathy Miller, Christi Smith, Deborah Frandsen, Christina Sullivan, Donna Gaukler, Elisabeth Muir – in honor of Baby Whicher, Erin McGlinchy, Florence Chessin, Gabe Furshong, Grace Decker, Greg Martin, Jack Rowan, Jacqueline Brown, James and Suzan Brown, Jen Molloy, Jesse Dodson, John Moffatt, Jordan Krause, Julia Hall, Julie Kubik – in honor of Baby Whicher, Kate and Matt Jennings, Katie Foote – in honor of Baby Whicher, Laura Hyland, Lauren Olsen, Leslie Gallant, Leslie Hunter, Lucy Beighle – in honor of Baby Whicher, Marc Cutler, Marin Addis, Mark and Mary Thane, Marsha Katz – in honor of Baby Whicher, Mary Hanson, Michael Painter – In Memory of Robert Burger, Michelle Thorneblade, Natalie Wagenbrenner, Nathan McLeod, Noah and Kali Becher, Rafael Chacon – In Memory of Mora Payne, Rebecca Goodrich, Rhonda Callison, Richard and Ellen Marshall, Sarah McNerney, Stephen and Sue Decker, Sue and John Honsky, The Pagel Blooms – in honor of Baby Whicher
Naming rights are available* for five different play ground zones, as well as the preschool playground, active playing field, picnic shelter, and park pathways. Playground feature names and donor recognition will be prominently located within the park.
Gifts of $1,000 or more, can be given over a multiple year period, and in kind services are accepted as donation. Feature names and donor recognition will be prominently located in the park.
*All naming of Missoula Parks and Recreation facilities and features requires final approval of the Parks and Recreation Board.
- For design questions or in-kind services donation opportunities: Nathan McLeod – Missoula Parks and Recreation, email@example.com, 406.552.6261
- To give a tax- deductible contributions or collaborate on fundraising events: Heidi West – North-Missoula Community Development Corporation, firstname.lastname@example.org, 406.829.0873 (or cell 405.747.9158)
- Want more information about Lowell Elementary School? Contact: Barbara Frank – Lowell Elementary School Principal, email@example.com, 406.542.4040